Two muffins are in the oven. One muffin says, "Ahhh! It's hot in here!" the other says, "Ahhh! A talking muffin!"
With that said, this recipe makes a dozen medium-sized muffins.
2x Chocolate Chip Craisin Pumpkin Muffins
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Canola oil
- 2 eggs (or 1/3 cup egg whites)
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup craisins
- OPTIONAL: 4 tbsp Nutella (yeah, you heard)
Step 1: Preheat oven to 400°F.
Step 2: In a large bowl, mix sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin, water and Nutella if you've chosen the path of extra deliciousness.
Step 3: In a different bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice.
Step 4: Add dry mixture to wet mixture. Stir until the concoction is smooth. Stir in chocolate chips and craisins.
Step 5: Bake for 20 minutes (do the toothpick test- if it comes out clean, they're done).