Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The 5 "Cs" of Delicious

I really like making muffins, but they are inferior to cookies. This isn't my opinion, it's just fact. Muffins are delicious, don't get me wrong, but there's no beloved Sesame Street character who sings "M is for Muffin and it's good enough for me". So today, my buddy Pirate Cookie Monster and I will be making some epic cookies.



















Chocolate Chocolate Chunk Cherry Cookies


(I got my proportions from the Original Nestle Tollhouse Cookie recipe)

Ingredients:
  • 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2/3 tsp salt
  • 3/4 cup canola oil
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp almond extract (2/3 tsp if you want less of an almond flavor)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups of chocolate chunks (or chocolate chips)
  • 1 cup of cherries
  • 1 cup of cocoa powder
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 375°F.

Step 2: Mix together flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder.

Step 3: Add chocolate chunks and cherries. Make sure to cover cherries completely in dry mixture.

Step 4: In a separate bowl, beat together granulated sugar, dark brown sugar, vanilla extract, almond extract, canola oil, and eggs.

Step 5: Gradually combine the two mixtures.

Step 6: Stop and look at the ridiculously chocolaty and delicious mixture you've created.






























Step 7:
Drop cookies on greased pan in tablespoons.

Step 8: Bake for 9-11 minutes. Let cool for 15.

Step 9: Enjoy some seriously delicious cookies.


No comments:

Post a Comment